Monday, June 23, 2008

Desert Island

haha. I'm kind of weird. I just noticed that I started off my post with laughing. I'm procrastinating from doing physics b/c its fucking hard as shit bah! But as I am struggling to do my homework. I am watching the office. I just watched the episode of ryan started the fire. I don' t really know what it's called but basically the office is set on fire b/c ryan forgot to take out his toast or something. So the office has to entertain themselves and they decide on desert island movies, books and who would I do. But I am trying to compile a list of desert island movies soooo here I go. Ok this list is actually a list of movies that I have seen numerous times and never get sick of. Some by choice and some I just happen to watch it many times.

1. Big Lebowski - I discovered this movie pretty late in life but I think I watched it in a good 2-3 week span at least every other day. It got pretty crazy when people would call me to tell me that the movie was on tv and I probably watched it. It's hilarious and has a little bit of mystery. I mean and how cool is "the dude?"

2.The Lion King - Disney Movies are awesome and as much as I love Aladdin or Mulan. I have seen the Lion King so many more times. I've even seen it in spanish, in french sheerly b/c I was bored. I know all the songs and words even the ones in other languages. ( Ok I'm lying) It's always interesting how much symbolism that lies in the movie too. Or how that things are based off of facts such as black maned lions actually exist in the world. Or that prides are often ruled by 2 brother males. Or the fact that the movie is based on Hamlet. It's really crazy what you can observe from the movie regardless if its the 20th time you've seen it.

3. Remember The Titans - I have been forced to see this movie for billions of reasons in my entire life time. Mostly for the racial tensions, ability to work as a team, over coming adversity, Denzel Washington, Ryan Gosling, etc. It really is a great movie and I never get sick of the movie. This is also another movie where I could probably recite all the lines from. Considering how many times I've watched this movie beyond my own consent and I enjoy still to this day makes it a top winner to be watched over and over again on a desert island.

4. Half Nelson - This movie didn't really get huge reviews or anything and went relatively unnoticed when it came out in theatres. It really is a great movie and I have no idea how I really found it, probably a blog. But it has Ryan Gosling and he plays this drug addict who happens to be a history teacher in the hood. A good majority of the soundtrack are songs by Broken Social Scene which is one of my all time favorite bands. It's simply a beautiful movie and I fallen in love with Ryan Gosling's character if he was sans the drug habit. have never gotten sick of this movie and if you were to ask me anytime of the week you wanted to see it. I would gladly be obliged to join you. This was a hard choice because it was between this or Juno, but I think I still need time to let Juno thoroughly grow on me.

5. Anchorman- Ok this was a tough one. I knew that I needed one of those comedies either it was 40 year old virgin, knocked up, dodge ball, or old school. And I think I am relatively happy with my choice. I love Will Farrell and Paul Rudd. I wish I could have Michael Cera, but I simply can't choose Superbad to watch. It's too intense to watch repetitively. But Weatherman has Baxtor and Steve Carrell. So I will forever live and love Weatherman on my desert island.

So those are my top choices, I think. I am pretty firm on my movie choices. Right? Ahhh I don't know. Yeah I'm happy with them. woooo! What are your choices?

No comments: