Ok I have a very few things that I actually take sides for because I usually can understand the point of view of both sides. The one organization that I don't understand is PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). I often see and read about radical protest of people posing nude like animals. Telling me that I shouldn't wear animal products, that I shouldn't eat animals and all this such. So my question is what do you want me to do? You want me to stop eating meats. That's plausible, but I'm just saying if I was a caveman that it'd be impossible for me to survive without meat. You don't want me to wear leather and fur. I can do it, fur is gross and leather is awesome, but I can live without it. So what do you want us to do with all of these animals? Now that they have the freewill to run around and shit the country. I can't feed them, right? Because that's degrading to them. They obviously can find and feed themselves. I can't keep them in a kennel. I can't keep them in my house or a animal shelter. So you, PETA decide that it's best to kill the animal. Am I right? I wouldn't know because I'm misinformed about your tactics, but that is what I so often read. I probably won't find that information on your website, but it's probably true. You kill animals b/c its better than being in the hands of safe and loving family that degrades them by making them do a trick for a treat. I mostly dislike the radical tactics. I don't know how being radical solves anything. I truly don't know so can someone give me an example and explain PETA to me. Don't get me wrong I love animals, but how do you want me to ethically treat an animal? Tell me what's wrong and what's right.
According to Peta.org
Wrongs - NO fishing, hunting, wearing furs or leathers, no eating dairies or meats, no horse drawn carriages, no experimenting or testing on animals, no animal abuse, no animals as entertainment as in circus or zoos
My views on what I'm doing wrong
1. I'm never going to give up dairy.
2. I'm going to experiment on animals to improve the quality of life for man. I'm not going to risk it on a human.
3. I enjoy the zoo and most animals are saved and incapable of surviving on their own in nature.
4. I enjoy the circus, but the cirque du soleil version where people are exploited for being freaks.
5. Chicken is delicious and I'm never going to give that up.
Other opinions against PETA - petakillsanimals.com
"peta killed over 97% of animals held in their captivity"
Brings that to a total of 17,400 animals....
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment