1. Local Natives - Gorilla Manor
The boy band of my dreams. Gorgeous, beautiful harmonies, catchy percussion. I saw this band 3 times in 3 different cities in 2009-2010. SO slightly obsessed.
2. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
This album took over my life since it came out. It's a mainstream version of the usual lo-fi Ariel Pink. I can stand the muffled sounds of lo-fi for so much. Such an amazing record.
3. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
When I heard this album was streaming on their website. I literally did not stop listening to it straight through for a week. I was actually angry that I had to participate in normal daily activities that would not allow me to listen to the stream. The album could be number 1 based solely on the track Dance Yrslf Clean.
4. The Roots - How I Got Over
Uplifting and honest. These guys define hip hop and set the bar for any lyricist and musician. Refreshing to hear an album that discusses real issues opposed to money, drugs and hoes.
5. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
I don't know how they were able to accurately portray my middle American suburban life so well. An album that plays on themes of modern architecture, and simple life. I could only hope that such a great band could orchestrate such sad situation into magnificent music.
6. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
The best transition that Sufie could take. A combination of his older works and most recent work. He utilizes both electronic and traditional sounds. Beautiful lyrics on loneliness and hope.
7. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Most anticipated album of 2010. Absolutely great marketing accompanied with great music. Refreshing and his best work since The College Dropout. One cannot deny that this man is one of the greatest producers of our generation.
8. Big Boi - Sir Lucious Lovefoot The Son of Chico Dusty
He's still got it and may be one of my ultimate favorite rappers.
9. Crystal Castles - S/T
Great synths, samples and shows that they can make music beyond their crazy club jamz.
10. Best Coast - Crazy For You
Simple, catchy music. The album takes 15 minutes to get through! Cute and fun, exactly how a girl would want to tell her boyfriend that she misses him.
11. Yeasayer - Odd Blood
12. Crystal Fighters - Star of Love
13. The Thermals - Personal Life
14. M.I.A. - Maya
15. Waaves - King of the Beach
16. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
17. Teenage Fanclub - Shadows
18. Robyn - Body Talk pt. 1
19. Maps & Atlases - Perch Patchwork
20. The Black Keys - Brothers
21. Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History
Singles (not ranked)
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
LCD Soundsystem - Dance Yrslf Clean
Willow Smith - Whip My Hair
Drake - Find Your Love
Best Coast - Boyfriend
Usher - OMG
Panda Bear - Slow Motion
Cee-lo Green - Fuck You
Kanye West - Devil in a New Dress
Ariel Pink - Round & Round
Maps & Atlases - Living Decorations
Robyn - Dancing on My Own
Big Boi - Shine Blockas
The Black Keeys - Ever Lasting Light
Ke$ha - We R Who We R
Rihanna - What's My Name
Taio Cruz - Dynamite
La Roux - Bulletproof
Boy & Bear - Mexican Mavis
Kisses - Bermuda
No comments:
Post a Comment